Mmm, gooey, crunchy, and soft all at the same time! Who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned rice krispies treat? And today is your day to whip up a batch! It's National Rice Krispies Treats Day!
Here are 5 awesome spins on the classic treat. We don't blame you if you need to keep the celebration going a few more days to make them all!
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10oz Bag Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1½ Cups Candy Corn
- Grease a 9x9" baking pan with butter.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, heat your marshmallows and butter for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows get soft and puffy.
- Stir your marshmallow mixture and mix in your Rice Krispies cereal.
- Then mix in your candy corn until evenly combined.
- Scoop your Rice Krispies into your greased baking pan and press down evenly using a greased potato masher.
- Freeze your Candy Corn Rice Krispies for about 10 minutes, slice, and enjoy!
- 5 tbsp butter
- 9 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 5 cups Krispie cereal
- 16 Oreo cookies crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
In a large bowl, mix together the Krispie cereal, crushed Oreo cookies and one cup of mini marshmallows.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the remaining 8 cups of mini marshmallows and salt and stir into the melted butter. Continue stirring over medium heat until the marshmallows are completely melted into the butter.
Pour the melted butter and marshmallow mixture over the Krispie cereal mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly combined.
Spread the Oreo Krispie mixture into a 9-inch square pan and press gently with the spatula to flatten the top.
Allow the Oreo Krispies to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 1 12-ounce package Circus Animal Cookies
- 1 10-ounce package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons multi-colored nonpareils, divided
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- red food coloring
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place all of the circus cookies into a food processor and pulse 3 - 4 times until cookies are in both crumbs and small pieces. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie pieces to sprinkle on top.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Add the Rice Krispies, crumbled cookies and 1 tablespoon of the nonpareils to the pot. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of the nonpareils and mix again.
- Place the mixture into the prepared baking dish and evenly spread into the pan with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbled cookies on top.
- In two small bowls, place 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until chips are melted and chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Place the contents of one bowl into a zipper top sandwich bag. Cut a small piece off one of the corners and drizzle over the top of the Rice Krispie treats.
- Put in a very tiny amount red food coloring into the other bowl of melted white chocolate and stir. Add more food coloring until desired hue of pink is achieved. Do not add too much at first (as I did) because it will turn red and there's no turning back at that point. If you find that the chocolate is becoming too thick to stir, add 1/2 teaspoon of the heavy cream and stir until smooth. You will not need to reheat.
- Place the pink chocolate into a zipper top bag, cut of a small corner and drizzle in opposite direction of the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of nonpareils.
- Cool until set.
yield: 24 BARS
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (or any cereal)
- Powdered sugar, for dipping
- Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place butter, peanut butter, marshmallows, and chocolate in a large bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the mixture is melted. Quickly stir in the rice krispies. If the mixture starts to seize, add 1-2 tablespoons more of butter.
- Press into prepared pan. Let them cool, then cut into squares.
- Place about 1 cup powdered sugar in a bowl and coat each square with powdered sugar. Serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
And last but not least, the classic...
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
What is your favorite rice krispies treat?? Tell Smin and his friends which one you made!